Sunday, February 04, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

I am well aware by now that Bea is most certainly not the average little 2 1/2 year old girl.
She prefers sushi to fruit roll ups; she'd rather go for a hike "up the big hill" (Mount Sentinel) than play with dolls, actually she doensn't play with dolls; and considers one of her best friends to be Frau.

As evidence of her intelligence, wit and charm, Bea has deemed her all time favorite movie to be....Little Miss Sunshine. http://www.foxsearchlight.com/site/littlemisssunshine/

For some time Curious George was the front runner, until she saw Little Miss Sunshine on Christmas Day. From the moment she laid eyes on Olive, it was love at first sight. Bea sat through the entire movie: sexual innuendoes, swear words, Nieztche references and all, not once, but three times, just to see Olive.

Then last week George and I were watching the SAG Awards while Bea was cooking us bacon and eggs at her kitchen (from Nannie & Pappy) when Abigail Breslin (aka Olive) was nominated for her role in Little Miss Sunshine. Bea ran to the TV to see Olive and the love affair again resumed.

At dinner Bea politely, but convincingly, informed George & I that, "I'm not B'trice, I'm Olive." "Hah-hah, isn't she cute. So Bea, what should we order you for dinner?"
"I'm Olive, not B'trice."

Yesterday I heard her digging through my bathroom items. She emerges with a pair of my old glasses on her face proclaiming she is "Olive."

At any rate, now I can blame the movie for her use of this sentence the other day: "Jesus, where is my futing cell phone?!" Ouch. Back to Curious George it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.