Saturday, February 24, 2007

It's Snow Joke

Today was George's big day - he completed the Snow Joke 1/2 marathon today - all freezing cold 13 miles of it.

Bea, Ollie & I went along to Seeley Lake to cheer on Big Daddy G. It was like the Tour de Seelee. Bea, Ollie & I drove the support car behind, along side and in front of George to lend moral support. (But only after Bea and I had coffee, hot chocolate and breakfast in the very warm Little Bird cafe.)

George did so great, he knocked 10 min off his time. We were so proud of him. At the starting line Bea was hollering at the top of her lungs "I love you Daddy!! I love you Daddy!!! Good Wuck Daddy!!!"







At the Starting Line

Then as we were driving the support car de Erickson, Bea was looking out the window wistfully saying, "Is that one my daddy...noooo. Is that one my daddy...noooo." Then I hear her say, "I want to be a runner tooooo." She clearly was very enamored with her Big Daddy and his performance.
Keeping warm at the Little Bird Cafe

10 miles down, 3 to go!!! Yea Babes!!






Fini!

Post-race Relaxation

After we got back to Missoula, George & Bea went swimming and soaking at the gym, while Frau and I napped. Because driving the support car was exhausting.

We then went out for a post-race-celebratory dinner at The Old Post Pub, whereupon Bea ate like she raced a 1/2 marathon. Soup, bread, black beans, quesadilla and....Shirley Temple.

Then finished up the evening at the Griz basketball game. Since we despise the Griz, and UM fans in general, we dressed Bea up in her Gonzaga outfit, complete with red bow. I know this is waaaay snotty, but since George & I are bonafide Bulldogs, we know what real basketball is. We find Griz basketball....yawn...boring. At any rate, since Donna (Bea's Norweigian surrogate grandma) gave us the tickets we put them to good use. Bea was thrilled, delighted, overjoyed, you name it to see Monte Bear. The little zepplin with the Griz logo that flies around the gym out of control at half time scared the shit out of her. George kept insisting it was going to fly over our heads and poop out treats, but it didn't. It just wobbled around and almost dive bombed into the half time entertainment: 12 year old Helena hip hop girl group, gyrating in sync to Justin Timberlake and mouthing the words, "I'm bringin' SexyBack..."

No comments: