Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Pistol Tanker Palin

Introducing Pistol Tanker Palin:
"Thanks but no thanks..."

"Ah shit, I was just kidding...that woman is nuts!"

Okay on a separate note, it's so awesome when your kid thinks you are single-handedly the most powerful person in the world. Apparently even more powerful than Daddy. Hah! Here's how it went down this morning:

Good morning Bea, can I make you some brekkie? Read a book?
Yea.
Oh, by the way, Bea - did you know that Barack Obama won last night? He's our new President!
What about Hillary? (
that's my girl)
Well, you know she was sort of out of the picture - instead Barack won.
Woooowwww Mom, how did YOU DO THAT??
Instead of leading her to believe I really was that powerful, she got a short lesson in civics - 4 year old style. "Let's take a family vote on who gets Bea's Halloween candy."

And on a final note, I survived poll watching. It was a great opportunity, but it got a tad bit boring. I wasn't allowed to have a cell phone or laptop in the polling station, so I had to sneak out to get updates from Shonna & David. Thank god for David, who was able to talk Shonna and I down on a number of occasions by simply explaining how the numbers worked. So while I was stuck in a school gym, being eyed suspiciously by the election judges, Bea was busy checking the electoral map on my laptop:



Me approaching the closing of the polls...LONG day, but worth it. I saved several votes for the Dems.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahah!!!! I LOVE that second photo of her. That made me totally laugh out loud. What a character!