Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tiny Dancer

George & I often refer to Bea as our Tiny Dancer because, well, she loves to dance and she's tiny. She has "happy" dances, "sad" dances, "angry" dances and "silly" dances. She twirls and points toes and gracefully throws her little arms in the air. She love to "practice" her "ballerina dancing." It's one of my favorite things about watching my 3 year old.

So this week we were driving and the song "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John comes on. Bea immediately tunes in, quietly listening to the lyrics:

Jesus freaks out in the street
Handing tickets out for God
Turning back she just laughs
The boulevard is not that bad

Bea then pipes up from the back seat: "Did you hear that Mommy? They are singing about Jesus. They said Jesus. They said his name: Jesus Frees. Mommy, did you know that Jesus' middle name is Frees? His whole name is Jesus Frees."

Seriously. She is so darn cute, clever and all of the above.
Our little Tiny Dancer.

Ballerina, you must have seen her, dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me
Tiny dancer in my hand

No comments: