Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Wheels on the Bus

So my New Year's resolution is to ditch the car and take public transit to work four times a week. I did just that my first week into it. I'm keeping a calendar to mark the days per week/month I take the bus. I love it. I am provided a nice relaxaing walk to the bus and then to work. After 5 days, I have become bus savvy and no longer get suckered into conversations with the folks from Opportunity Resources.

Since George had to work today, Bea and I hopped the bus downtown to the Children's museum, ate lunch at the Catalyst, window shopped, then took the bus home where upon she promptly fell into a dead sleep. Bea was so thrilled to ride in her own seat on the bus. In fact, as we were waiting at the stop, she actually waived the bus down.







Bea at the Children's Musuem in the "Dino Dig."
















Lunch at the Catalyst - smoked tempeh sandwich and Hungarian mushroom soup - a hit!










Waiting for the bus downtown at the Mountainline bus station.
One other thing I have to put on this blog - when she is getting ready for bed she looks at me deadpan and says, "I hear one little jingle bell outside." So cute, because her Pappy dressed up like Santa on x-mas eve and knocked on her window. But before he came to the window he was in the backyard shaking his jingle bells.

One other major achievement, the little darling sat quietly through an entire mass tonight with zero incident (quitely counting/sorting/eating Skittles). That is huge for a 2 1/2 year old. Huge.

Well, looks like its shaping up to be an eventful New Year, hopefully I get more time to post regularly on here, but probably not.

And oh yeah.....CONGRATULATIONS YON & WIZBEF!!!!! Translation: Elizabeth and Shawn are engaged - woo-hoo!!!! Mobile, Alabama or Bust!! The Hursh & Erickson clans, sans kiddos, intend to "rock it allll niiight, like a hurricane," as Fluffy the Canadian Cougar would say. Needless to say, we are so happy that Shawn decided to "shit, and not get off the pot," as Fluffy & the Don Benamino would say. As Kelly and I discussed, in depth over Bud Light, this now means we cannot get pregnant until after October 6, 2007, which kind of throws my plans off by 3 months. But there is no way I am hitting the Mobile-love-fest pregnant.
But seriously, the circle is now complete and Elizabeth will make the perfect Ms. Thomas or Mama Thomas for short.

No comments: