Friday, December 30, 2005

Tea for Two and Two for Tea

I had such a "mother/daughter" moment today. It was truly grand. I skipped out of work for a couple hours this morning and Beatrice & I went out to breakfast together. George had work committments and since I am not committed in the slightest to my noble profession of defending the poor downtrodden insurance companies, it was a fairly easy decision to flip them the bird and spend the morning with Skeetie.

We went to a neat little place called "The Shack." It is very old-fashioned and straight out of the 20's. I love it there, consequently, so does Bea. It is very much a place where she is Beatrice Marie (say: B-trice, with a hint of an English accent).

At 10:00 am we got all dressed up and headed downtown. It was slightly thrilling to be out for a late breakfast when everyone else was behind their desks. The place was not entirely empty, but sparse enough. B'trice & Mum were seated in a quaint little both, perfect for 1 and a half. I'm pretty sure Bea knew this was a special occasion because she was on best behavior. We looked at pictures of her and daddy, Bea and Grandma Mary, Bea & Gpa Matt, Bea & Ollie, Bea & Mom, Bea & Nannie & Pappy. She was thrilled and repeatedly kissed the photo of her & Oliver. We shared a pot of mint tea and looked at all the pretty glass ornaments hanging from the ceiling. B'trice then dined (heartily) on her banana bread french toast and bacon. (She's back to 22.3 lbs). I, had a delictable breakfast of scrams and toast. Then we paid and left. Not much more to describe, but just an all around wonderful morning spent with my little pal.

Here is B'trice & I at the Shack last August:














I look forward to many more times with my daughter; she truly is "my Halley's comet."
Every Day, especially today, is a Beautiful day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and dear story!
Grandma Mary