Thursday, December 01, 2005

Off to "The Motherland"

...as my husband so affectionately refers to it. He is a bona fide Canuck and we are headed out today to go see his parents. Skeets has pictures of them in her room w/ little Canadian flags on them - she likes to pull out the pictures, wrinkle them up and kiss them.

As usual, leaving town is stressful. I stress, I wash clothes, I stress, I pack, I stress, I pack for pug, I stress, I pack for Bea. Meanwhile George does one of two things, sometimes both: 1. watches TV; and 2. plays on computer. Sweetly oblivious to my whirlwind of clothes folding, snack packing, stress. Simultaneously, Skeets does one of two things: 1. pulls out all the clothes I've just packed and displays them in a line down the hall; or 2. hangs on my legs while I'm flying around the house. Fun eh? And then the hubby wonders why I'm in a bad mood and not at all ready to put out while we're on vaca.

Anyhoo, we're off to spend a weekend w/ Gma Mary & Gpa Matt eating ketchup chips, drinking Molson and watching hockey. By the way, one thing you should know about Pwr Skt is that she has a penchant for beer; I shit you not. So a good time will be had by all.

Here's the Skeet O' the Day:

No comments: