Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cabin Fever


Bea & I had cabin fever today. So we pretended to go to Hawaii.












Today was my day home with Bea. We slept in until 8:00, had scrams & toast, then went for a hike with puggy at Blue Mountain. Oliver almost got snatched up by what looked to be an enormous eagle, or something. Actually, it looked more like a condor, but I know that's not right. Initially I thought it was a small aircraft, then noticed how it kept getting lower, lower, lower and circling right above Frau. Yikes! So I put puggy back on his leash, yelled at the bird/aircraft and we went on our merry way.

I also got to babysit Gabe today; we finally had one-on-one time. Bea was napping most of the time he was here. Gabe & I played, played, played, rocked, cuddled, he ate some lunch, then his Grandma Lollie came to pick him up.

I put the barrette in his hair because, quite frankly, Bea has no hair and I've been dying to use those barrettes. Also, to keep his hair out of his eyes while he was eating.

Well, 3 days until Georgie leaves. I'm stressed and sad, but Bea & I will just deal. Puggy will have to step up and be man of the house for 3 months. I'm really going to miss talking to George. After all, he is my very closest friend and no one else listens to me and understands me the same way he does. I'm also worried about Bea. She is very close to George and I don't think she's going to understand what's going on. She talks about him constantly when he's at work or out of the house. She is definitely just as attached to him as she is me. At least we get to see him on the weekends. Just makes me realize how fortunate we are to have such a close-knit family. The four of us really get along great for the most part.

No comments: